June 6, 2009

Why does my Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto have yellow kernals in it?

Went to restaurant at nice hotel.  Yummy!  An Italian food section on the menu.  Yay!  No lentils for me today.  Order Mushroom and Aspragus Risotto.  Get order.  Look at it.  Wonder: Why is there yellow stuff in it but no green stuff?  Talk to waiter. 
 
me: "I ordered Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto". 
waiter: "Yes, maam". 
me: "This isn't Mushroom and Asparagus". 
waiter: "Yes, it is, maam". 
me: "Where is the asparagus?" 
waiter: "It's not in season".
 
I now realize this is an acceptable and common practice here: If plan A is not possible, simply go on to plan B.  Don't mention you are going with plan B, just show up with something different.  I mean... corn is still a vegetable, right?  That should be just fine instead of asparagus in risotto, right?  There's no need to go back and find out if my customer would like to order something else.
 
NOT!  I won't ever be purposefully ordering Mushroom and Corn Risotto.  Bluck!
 

No comments: