June 6, 2009

Since when is h-a-m pronounced Pepperoni???

Recent order to Dominoes Pizza: "I'd like a mushroom, olive, capsicum (green pepper), tomato, and ham pizza, please." 
Response: "Do you want cheese?"  I guess I'd thought that was a given.
My answer: "Yes, cheese too"
Response: "A margherita pizza?"
Me: "No, mushroom, olive, capsicum, tomato, and ham"
Response; "on margherita"  Ok, now I get it.  Order the base cheese pizza and add the rest.  Makes for a nice expensive pizza.
Me: "Yes"
Response: "you had pepperoni last time"  How nice that big brother Dominos is tracking what I'm eating.
Me: "Yes"
Response: "you want pepperoni?"
Me: "No, I want ham"
Response: "the pepperoni was fine?"
Me: "Yes, but ham this time"
Response: "pepperoni was ok?"
Me: "YES"
Response: "magherita, mushroom, olive, capsicum, tomato, and pepperoni?"
Me: "NO!, HAM!"
Response: "you like pepperoni?"
Me: "Yes, it was fine"
Response: "ok, I'll give you pepperoni"
Me, giving up: "fine" 
 
Later it dawned on me, the person taking my order was probably thinking "How many FLIPPIN' ways do I have to tell her we are OUT of HAM???"  Discussions are circuitous here and nobody wants to disappoint, therefore options are offered in place of saying something is not possible.

No comments: