November 24, 2008

Stereotyped?

I think I've been stereotyped.  Twice now I have been in lounges in India and suddenly I was listening to Willie Nelson.  I figure I'm being stereotyped as liking Country Western music because I'm from Montana.  But I can't figure out how people know.  Is my Montana accent really that strong?  I have to say I was relieved when Willie Nelson's voice was replaced by Glenn Cambell (and that is not saying much at all).  And at least neither place played "There's a Teer in My Beer".  That would have been just too much.  For the record: I dislike country western music unless it is Alabama.  And I really, really, really dislike Willie Nelson and hope no one in India ever again is gracious enough to put Willie's songs on because the only two people in the lounge "look" like they would like it.   Thanks for the thought though.

No comments: