November 29, 2008

Re: Update from Jessi

The gecko's tail is growing back.  Their tail falls off to confuse a predator, and they are pretty neat.  We have geckos all around the house.  I'm sending a picture of the snail my dad saw outside our house.  It was really big.  Mom says that she sees lots of snails on the rock fences when she goes to work
 
On Monday's I wear a blue button up shirt and tan skort to school and on Tuesday I wear my house color shirt [greenish] with dark blue shorts.  The rest of the week I wear an orange polo shirt and the dark blue shorts.  On all days I wear dark blue socks.  I don't have my shoes yet.  Dad says they are on backorder at the store. 
 
It's Thanksgiving week here, but you would not know it.  It is not a holiday celebrated here.  Mom says about 25 families are going to dinner on Thursday.  Where we live, Palm Meadows, has a Halloween celebration, and it was a lot of fun.
 
In school we are learning multiplication with carrying.  When I started it, it was really hard, but now I'm getting the hang of it.  On Wednesday and Friday I have soccer after school, and on Saturday mornings I have a tae kwon do class.  I have homework on Monday's and Friday's.
 
We had a big rain Friday night.  Dad said it was part of the Northeast monsoon.  A bunch of fly like bugs hatched out.  They had big wings, and they were everywhere at 7pm.  We went for a walk, and there were toads everywhere eating the flies.  By 9pm, the flies were gone, and so were the toads.
 
Dad and mom had to go to Chennai to the US Consulate to get some papers signed.  I stayed with some friends so that I wouldn't miss any school.  During the mid-winter holidays we are going to Kerala [Southern state on the Arabian sea].  We're going to a tea plantation, and to stay on a house boat in the backwaters.  Then we're going to the beach.  The beach is what I like the most.

No comments: