October 9, 2010

You're Still Manly, Dad

We stopped at a "Government Run" Spice Garden for a tour in Sri Lanka this week. Organic Ayurvedic medicine sales were its specialty. Our guide offered to demonstrate their "all natural" hair remover. Being skeptical to begin with, Jessi and I decided we should put this goop to a real test and volunteered Larrie's leg. Before he could object, the pink stuff was smeared onto a good sized patch.

The salesman continued on to pitch his other products and I was the recipient of a pleasant, non oily, head massage and a relaxing back rub. The requisite 10 minutes passed and we were ready to view the test results. Impressive! Larrie's hirsute shin was now as smooth as a baby's cheek (you pick which kind). Seeing Larrie's somewhat flummoxed look, Jessi consoled him, patting him on the shoulder, saying "Don't worry dad, you're still manly."

Once I saw the outcome, I wished the trial had taken place on the top of my big toes. I was all ready to buy a bottle until I learned it was $60. Supposedly if you use it every day for a week, that place will grow no hair for 9 years. I just wasn't ready to make that kind of money or time commitment to find out if it was true though. -Allison

No comments: