October 7, 2010

Sri Lankan Wiener Kitties?

Our hotel has a number of cats wandering the grounds, which, of course, pleases Jessi and me to no end. I had a double take though when I saw what looked like a wiener kitty (ie. like a dachshund had mated with a house cat). Turns out it was a rotund mongoose.

Now, that in itself worries me a little... Since mongooses (mongeese?) eat snakes, does that mean there are a lot of snakes here? Or should I look at this from an optimists point of view... Perhaps there WERE a lot of snakes here but the mongoose ate them all and just hasn't started its slow descent into starvation yet. -Allison

--
Ok, an update to this post.  The following day, Jess did see a snake at the hotel.  So, even though the reported mongoose was rotund, it still had some work to do.

No comments: