October 21, 2010

Retaliatory Nocturnal Red Bellied Ants

The ants are fighting back! I took .ant traps and spread them around my hallway, bathroom, and bedroom including under the bed over the weekend.  Earlier this week, I woke up with one of my cats standing on my head trying to paw something on the wall above the headboard.  I figured it was an ant or gecko and tried diligently to go back to sleep until the cat started sticking his paw under my pillow like something had crawled there.

Last night I wore up to ants biting me.  I have about 30 bites on my arms and legs.  Luckily, unlike mosquito bites or bee stings, they don't itch or sting.  They just look like I have some sort of pox.  Any ideas how to form a truce with ants? I fear they are going to pick me up one night and carry me away.

In another development, something has put big holes in our screen in the bathroom window on the second floor.  The first hole was about 2"x2" and appeared over night.  Larrie patched that with duct tape.  This morning a new hole appeared on the other corner that is about 3"x3".   I guess it is some comfort it can't be a spider or a snake.  But what would be out at night doing that???  And why it is trying to get in my bathroom?  Hey!!! Perhaps it is an anteater. 

No comments: