October 26, 2008

Another Jessi update

They don't have halloween in India.  But there are enough people from countries that do in our village.  So, we are dressing up and going to a couple of parties.  My bedroom color is light blue, and it has two sets of windows and a ceiling fan.  I use the fan at night to keep cool.  I only have a sheet on my bed.  Today is Saturday, and India is getting ready to celebrate Diwali.  That's a five day festival, and it's kind of like Christmas and July 4th all in one.  The Hindu people celebrate it.  There are lots of lights like Christmas lights everywhere.  And I hear that there will be lots of fireworks.  You can get some really awesome fireworks here since we're next to China.  India does not have the laws that Minnesota has limiting the types of fireworks.  My dad got some that will shoot way high in the sky.
 
School is going ok.  I have a Spanish class, and we're starting multiplication.  After school on Wed and Fri I have soccer. This week we didn't have soccer because of the rains.  The monsoon season is starting.  I've almost got all of school uniform stuff. 
 
Our house has these geckos living around it, and they come out at night.  Every night we go out to count how many we have.  We usually see four or five.  I tried to catch one the other day, and it's tail came off.  The tail kept wiggling, and the gecko escaped.  We named him Stubby.  We check for him everyday now to see how quickly the tail grows back on.
 
The banannas are still green.

No comments: