January 2, 2011

Great deliberations...

One night while still in the Outback, I wandered down to the somewhat rustic outbuilding that held a two stall restroom.  I entered the first stall and noticed something swimming in the toilet bowl. I left and went in the next stall.  That stall was out of toilet paper.  What to do? I went back to the first stall and tried flushing. Whatever was in the water was persistent and arose from the depths even after I flushed twice. Again, what to do? This stall had paper so I took it off the spindle and returned to the second stall.  As I started to sit down, I noticed a humongous fuzzy spider on the floor. Anyone who knows me at all, knows I abhor spiders.  I find big, fuzzy ones especially terrifying.  In this case though, I decided the known enemy in front of me was better than an unknown entity beneath me. I was relieved when I stomped my foot behind it and it scurried out of my stall.  Phew!  

No comments: