July 27, 2010

Mom's what???!

BACKGROUND
  • Larrie has committed that Jessi can get a dog when she turns 12
  • Larrie made an emergency trip to the U.S. for 10 days this spring telling Jessi she need to be responsible about getting her homework done and waking mom up in the morning.
FAST FORWARD
  • Yesterday Jessi saw a very cute long haired chihuahua and immediately campaigned to get a dog sooner than age 12. 
THIS CONVERSATION ENSUED::
Larrie: "We are waiting until you are old enough to be responsible for a dog."
Jessi: "I am responsible."
Larrie: "OK, You clean the cat litter boxes every day."
Jessi: "Ewwww! I'm not going to do that!"
Larrie: "Then how are you going to clean up after a dog?"
Jessi: "When you were gone, I was responsible. I took care of mom.  And MOM is a LOT more TROUBLE than a DOG!"

Allison upon hearing this, as relayed by Larrie, is wondering just how I should take that unsolicited feedback.


No comments: